Benefits of Laser Eye Surgery
March 20, 2017
Laser eye surgery is currently a very popular corrective procedure. It offers many benefits, patients can choose to no longer live with impaired vision. Some of the advantages include immediate vision improvement, no more need for costly eyeglasses or contact lenses, more social, recreational and job opportunities.
Some main reasons patients seek laser eye surgery
- Results are immediate: This is one of the most attractive benefits of the procedure. Patients experience dramatic improvements in their vision immediately following the laser eye surgery. Once the procedure is successfully completed, there is no longer a need for corrective lenses.
- Freedom from having to wear corrective lenses: This safe and effective procedure is completed in only 10 to 15 minutes. With laser vision correction, patients enjoy crystal clear vision. They get to enjoy new found freedom without having to deal with the expense and hassle of having to keep up with eyeglasses or contact lenses.
But laser eye surgery not only improves vision, there are other lesser known advantages to having the procedure.
- Better peripheral vision: Many patients are not only claiming improved straight-ahead vision but also better peripheral vision. When wearing eyeglasses that wrap around the eyes, peripheral vision tends to be blurry. Once the need for corrective lenses is eliminated, peripheral vision improves.
- Fewer allergy symptoms: Some patients report reduced allergy symptoms after laser eye surgery. They claim to have less sinus pain and fewer headaches without having eyeglasses resting on the bridge of the nose. Previous contact lens wearers report less redness and eye irritation.
- Improved night vision: A lot of patients state they can see much better at night after the procedure. This may be because they are no longer where light reflecting lenses. For those who wore contact lenses, dryness tends to set in later in the day, contributing to poor night vision. By omitting the eyeglasses and contact lenses, there is no more reflections and dryness, therefore patients see better at night.
In addition, patients with severe astigmatism or myopia can achieve additional lines of vision and improved clarity with laser eye surgery. Eyeglasses and contact lenses only partially correct these types of refractive errors.